Statement of Faith
To keep our community Christ honoring and provide a safe space for families teachers and event leaders utilizing Glen's Gizmos spaces and services must agree to the following.
- We believe it does not matter what Christian denomination a person is from if they are a born again Christian, confessing with their mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in their heart that God raised him from the dead as this is the path to salvation. (Romans 10)
- Only Jesus was without sin, all the rest of us are sinners and fall short of the Glory of God. As humans we are born with a sinful nature and into a sinful world in desperate need of salvation and reconciliation with God. (Romans 3)
- We believe Christian community is only possible because of God's Love and Grace for us as sinners. He sets the example and this allows us to love each other. God's love for us, his children, is greater than our differences and is the common ground that unites Christians. (1 Corinthians 13 and 1 John 4)
- We believe in one God in three persons. The father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ, Gods son, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, sacrificed his life through death on the cross for the sins of the world, was raised from death, and is now in heaven with God prepared to return and pass judgement establishing God's Kingdom on earth. (Matthew 3: 16-17, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 1 Corinthians 15 and Matthew 24)
- We believe salvation is through Christ alone, it is by His grace and sacrifice on the cross. Our own works are signs of a person grateful for salvation, but works are not the path to salvation. (Ephesians 2)
- We believe God designed marriage to be between one man and one woman to join in an exclusive union for life. Marriage is both a symbol of God's love for the church and also a plan for raising children who will follow God. (Genesis 2 and Hebrews 13:4)
- We believe our identity should be through Christ first and foremost. Placing other causes we identify with in front of Christ is wrong. Examples include confusion related to gender or identity politics which have no place in Christian leadership as they distract from the message of Jesus and take our focus off of Christ. With regard to sexual/gender identity specifically it is our belief God formed each of us as he intended and he did not make a mistake.
- We believe the Bible is the word of God, divinely inspired and without error. As such it is essential to developing our faith and applicable in our current day. The Bible must be held as authoritative in our community and personal lives. (2 Timothy 3)
- We believe God created the world in six days as written in Genesis and still miraculously holds it together. To this day his Creation points towards a single Christian God as our Creator. (Genesis 1 & 2, Colossians 1: 15-23 and Romans 1:20)