Elementary Pet Care 7-12 years / Tues 2:30-3:30
Come have fun, make friends (humans or animals!) and get hands on opportunities with seven different species around the HUB!
Whether you already have a pet(s) or you're looking for information to help you choose the right addition, this class will benefit all ages/students. Research shows pets can do more than just bring you joy and keep you company...It suggests they can also reduce risk of asthma and allergies, decrease stress, improve heart health, and even help children with their emotional and social skills.
Using hands on activities, your student(s) will learn what it takes to care for the different pets, how to handle the animals and how to help each species thrive. Each week we will feature a different HUB species/pet.
WEEK 1 : guinea pigs
WEEK 2 : rats
WEEK 3 : hermit crabs
WEEK 4 : bearded dragons
WEEK 5 : snakes
WEEK 6 : axolotls
WEEK 7 : tortoises
Parents are welcome to join and ask any questions you may have. We encourage parents to participate in the pre-k class.
Teacher: Briana Parks
Ages: 7-12 Years
7 weekly 60minute classes in the third quarter.
Location: Vancouver Homeschool HUB
- For multiple registrations please return to this page to register each student individually by adding them to your shopping cart.
- All teaching at the Homeschool HUB aligns with a Christian worldview and that God is evident through his creation. See: Romans 1:20.
- Please email questions to Joel@glensgizmos.com.
- This class will not be graded and homework will be minimal.
At Glen's Gizmos we have extensive resources and experience. We put this equipment and expertise to work for you. Expenses vary slightly. Most activities only cost between 12 and 16 dollars per class hour. Dissection specimens, ceramic glazes and specialized equipment are a significant portion of this expense in many classes. We are doing our best to keep your family's cost low and our classes affordable!
- Register and pay here through our shopping cart.
- That's it, it is that easy! We will contact you with details after you register.